Andrea Battle Sims Senior Consultant
Andrea Battle Sims is a Senior Consultant for the Recruitment Division within The Waters Consulting Group (WCG). She manages all phases of the recruitment process for public-sector executives, including chief information officers, city and assistant city managers, police chiefs, city and county attorneys, and departmental and organizational directors.
Andrea has more than 20 years of experience in information technology, electronic data process (EDP) auditing, and public- and private-sector management. Prior to joining WCG, she served as the IT director for Cleveland (Ohio) Public Schools and IT deputy director for Cuyahoga County, Ohio. While at Cuyahoga County, Andrea created a startup venture to sell public computer access to the legal community.
She has held management positions at AT&T, Progressive Insurance and National City Bank, where she managed IT projects and professionals, and served as an internal consultant/auditor. She also successfully managed IT professionals through the change process from legacy to client-server technologies, including both private- and public-sector Year 2000 implementations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Executive Recruitment
- Recruitment and Retention Training
- Diversity-based Recruitment and Retention
- Information Technology Leadership
- Organizational Assessment
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Change Management
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND EDUCATION
Andrea received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Spelman College in Georgia and a master’s degree in operations research from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Her post-graduate education includes numerous executive development seminars and certifications from the Leadership Academy at Cleveland State University, the Anderson School at UCLA and the Gartner Group.
Current and past civic involvement includes service on the board of trustees for the Gathering Place, American Cancer Society (Cuyahoga Unit), and Junior League of Cleveland, as well as leadership positions with Links, Inc., the Spelman Alumnae Association, and Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
- Springsted Incorporated purchases Dallas-based Executive Recruitment and E-Solution Divisions from Waters Consulting Group.
- The Waters Consulting Group to Focus on E-Solutions and Executive Recruitment Following Sale of Compensation Practice
- Waters Consulting Group to Exhibit at Annual Conference of the Texas Municipal League
- Waters Consulting Group to Exhibit at Conference of the International City/County Management Association
- Rollie Waters Offers Advice on Choosing an Executive Search Firm
Connect With Us
Search the site
- Complexity Bites July 23, 2014Complexity in every day life dooms the unwary HR professional. Consider the following: virtually every luxury car commercial in the last 20 years has highlighted the ability of the driver to merely raise the push-button windows and screen out all the external sounds in the overly noisy
- Employing Drucker’s “New Certainties” June 17, 2014Drucker wrote that the purpose of strategy is to enable an organization to achieve its desired results in an unpredictable environment. Contrary to what “everybody knows,” strategy is not about achieving results in a known and foreseeable environment, but in an environment
The Waters Consulting Group, Inc | Headquarters: 5050 Quorum Drive, Suite 625 | Dallas, TX 75254 | [Toll-free:] 800.899.1669 | [e] firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2014. Waters Consulting Group. All rights reserved.